What is the DaWanda-Widget?
The Dawanda-Widget is a great tool that enables you to show off your great DaWanda products on your own blog or website. It enables you to present your own shop or your favourite pinboards to your friends and fans (you can see an example in our own blog here).
Where do I find the DaWanda-Widget?
You use the DaWanda-Widget in different ways, depending on whether you wish to use it to show your DaWanda shop or pinboards.
If you would like it to show your DaWanda shop then go to My DaWanda >> Advertising Tools >> DaWanda Widget.
If you would like it to show a pinboard then go directly to the pinboard (which you can find beside the DaWanda shopping cart). To the left of your pinboard is a banner, which you can click on to create a DaWanda widget for one of your pinboards. Here you can decide what settings you would like for your widget.to the top
What should I know before using the Dawanda-Widget?
You should note the following things before using the Dawanda-Widget:
* You can only advertise ‘public’ pinboards using the DaWanda-Widget.
* Once you have selected the frame patten you cannot choose any other colours, as these are set by the frame pattern.
* Image formats of 50x50 und 80x80 do not work with the Widget.
What blogs and websites can I embed the Dawanda-Widget into?
How do I add the Dawanda-Widget to a Blogger/Blogspot?
1. Log into your Blogger/Blogspot account. In the ‘dashboard’ click on the link ‘Design’.
2. On the next page click on 'add a Gadget', which will then load a pop-up box.
4. Create a title for your ‘Gadget’ and include the DaWanda-Widget-Code in the ‘content’.
5. The Dawanda-Widget should now appear in your blog.
to the top
Can I setup the DaWanda-Widget in wordpress.com?
If you would like your wordpress blog friends and readers to find out about your DaWanda shop you could instead insert one of the great DaWanda banners on your site.to the top
How do I add the DaWanda widget to my Wordpress site on my own server?
If you have a Wordpress site on your own server, you can embed the Dawanda-Widget.
1. Login to the backend of your website.
2. Select ‘Widgets’ under the ‘Appearance’ tab.
3.Drag the ‘Text’ widget into a sidebar, create a title and enter the DaWanda Widget-Code into the content. Then click save and you are done!
to the top
Can I show more than one DaWanda widget on my blog?
Yes, you can!
To do this please create two seperate widgets and copy the seperate codes into your blog or website. You just need to make sure that they both have different source IDs.to the top