2-Needle Coptic Binding Kit - Büchertiger Supplies
Shop Category: Instructions and Kits
Make your own book similar to the one in the first photo: A Asian style book with a visible binding in two colors with an Asian design on the front cover. The book will have 240 pages (counting both sides of each sheet) and will open completely flat for ease of use.
This kit contains everything you will need to make your book: materials, instructions and tools.
The contained book boards were covered by hand, and no two of them are exactly alike. The front cover has chinese letters and some motif in red for all boxes. The individual signs, the motif and its placement vary. The back cover is bound in a dark brown linen.
For the book's pages the box contains 60 pages of book paper which yield 240 pages for the resulting book.
The instructions are written in German and contain photos and grafics to illustrate the process. It was printed by a professional printing service on white recycled paper.
To contents: There is a brief foreword that give a historic and aesthetic context of the binding as well as some personal remarks. It follows the core part with the instructions, containing 13 photos and 15 drawings. At the end there is a troubleshooting chapter which explains common mistakes and how to avoid or correct them and a brief chapter that explaines how to select materials for more books. Also contained is a list of suppliers to buy more materials.
So after you used up the materials contained in the box, you can still use the instructions to make more books.
To really start right away you just need:
- a thick catalogue or phot book
- a cork
difficulty level: mediocre
This 2-needle technique is not very difficult but probably not the best technique to start with binding books. It can be done. I had them tested by an art teacher who never bound a book so far and the result was beautiful Nevertheless I would recommend my ebook on 1-Needle technique first if you never did something like this before.
If you buy the Ebook on 1-Needle technique along with this box you will get a 50% discount on the pdf.
Would you like to purchase this box with different covers? Have a look at the "refiller" section in my shop. Here you can find ready made covers that you can receive instead of the standard covers. In this case I'll choose fitting eyelets and thread. Please calculate up to two additional evenings before your box goes into the mail.
If you would like completely individual covers, please contact me through DaWanda-Mail to discuss the details.
instructions: A4, book: A5, 240 pages
paper, cardboard, linen thread, book cloth, steel
handmade covers, hand selected materials for the box, self-published instructions
In the section "refiller" you can see different covers that you can choose to substitute the chinese motif covers if desired. Please calculate additional time before the box goes into the mail if you choose that option.
Payment & Shipping
Ready to dispatch inthe 1st working day after receipt of payment
Shipping fees for this product
Dispatch to Single Shipping Combined Shipping* * Combined Shipping shows you how much of a discount you can receive on shipping costs, when you buy more than one article from the same shop at the same time. The first item to be charged for delivery however, will be the item with the highest delivery charge. More information can be found in our FAQ. United Kingdom 5.50 € EUR free shipping Europe 14.00 € EUR free shipping All other countries 18.00 € EUR free shipping
- Bank Transfer
- DaWanda Voucher
Postage and payment policy
I accept payment through Paypal and through bank transfer from a German or UK-banking account.
If you paid your items with Paypal, I will send them to the address you provided there. Please notify me if you would like your items send to a different address immediately! Often I spot a discrepancy between your Paypal and DaWanda-address, and will then only ship your items after the delivery address has been confirmed. But sometimes I won't spot it, and your items may get sent to an incorrect address. If I do spot it, this increases the turn-around-time. So please make sure these two addresses coincide, or notify me asap about how you want your items shipped.
(1) I send out items 1-3 business days after I received your payment. Usually I need a night between your order and shipping it because I have twin toddlers at home and cannot pack items during the day. If there are a lot of orders, or kids simply won't sleep, it may take an evening extra. Please note that I do not ship items out on Saturdays.
(2) Items are send via Royal Mail. I will inform you when your items get into the mail, and let you know the tracking data if applicable. Items with a value of at least 10£ are sent insured and require a signature upon reception, other items are sent without a tracking number.
(3) If your items get shipped to a destination outside the Schengen-area, customs may be due. They have to be paid at your country's tax office, and vary with the destination. I have no control over them, and they are your responsibility.
Furthermore you have to make sure that you are allowed to import the items you purchase. I can not be held responsible for items held by customs.
If you have questions or doubts about that you can also contact me, and I will try to help you to figure out what you are allowed to import.
(4) Usually I ship out in new container boxes or envelopes. But I also recycle as much packaging material as possible and sometimes sent out orders in used boxes. Filling material is usually re-used packaging material and might be paper or plastic. If you have preferences regarding packaging material, please let me know via convo or during checkout.
Imprint, T&C & Returns
49.80 € EUR
plus shipping fees